Each edition of PhotoKTM strives to serve as a platform for emerging photographers to meet with more experienced and established practitioners – photo editors, curators, writers, other photographers – to share and discuss their work and practice at large.
For the upcoming edition of PhotoKTM, Review Sessions will take place in a hybrid model. We will welcome participants in person as well as online.
The sessions are designed to be open ended conversations. Participants are welcome to seek inputs on specific projects and/or their practice at large, ask for specific advice that a reviewer might have based on their professional experience and expertise, seek suggestions for other works to view, material to read, people to look up and connect with etc.
- The festival invites professionals who volunteer their time to meet with younger practitioners for review sessions. We are grateful for their time and eagerness to connect and give back to the community
- All review sessions are free of cost to participants
- Review sessions are open to early-mid career photo practitioners and priority will be given to people based in South Asia
- Sessions are open to individuals, collectives and other formations
- Each session will be 45 minutes between the reviewer and the participant
- Participants are invited to present minimum one and maximum two projects
- We ask participants to submit work at the time of application so we can share work with reviewers prior to the scheduled sessions
- Due to limited spots, we can take registrations for one review per participant only
- Participants should indicate their first, second and third choices for reviewers in the application form. We will honor requests as far as possible, but might also suggest a different reviewer, if we think they might be a good match for you.
List of reviews and call for applications will be announced in early 2023.